Sunday, October 18, 2009

8th readings

1st and 2nd reading
I found these two sites extremely similar. The first site allowed me to interact with the html language. The second site had a cheat sheet to help people with the basics of html. I saved these two sites into my favorites. Technology is a huge weakness of mine. I am extremely grateful to these sites for laying out the information in a readable fashion.

3rd reading
This site I found less helpful than the html sites. However, I did enjoy the tutorial videos. It did allow me to play around with the html coding of the tree and the owl. I could not interact with the coding efficiently. I did not have enough experience. I kept making the tree and owl disappear. Still, the site was fun to play with.

4th reading
This article talks about librarians creating websites for the library. Each library has different ideas on how to establish the website. This is important because there is no set way of doing it. In addition, librarians found out there is a lot more work in creating and maintaining a website than they first thought. As a librarian, I will face this challenge of keeping the library updated with new technology. As this article demonstrated, I will run into more problems than I originally planned.

4 comments:

  1. I also bookmarked the HTML tutorial for future use. I really liked how they explained all the information and provided tips on that site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the first two websites where very similar. I also enjoyed them, but I would often click off and get away from where I was supposed to be and I think I even found the 2nd reading while I was clicking through the first. That did get kind of confusing. But it was really fun and engaging and beat reading articles - it was a nice change and more interactive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you think as a librarian you will be working with HTML? I would like to hear more about how librarians are authoring their webpages? I just assumed that they had tools to create post, but didn't actually use HTML. Is this the case? Or, am I missing something?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope that cheat sheet will help. I don't know that I will be using HTML as a librarian but because budgets are tight, it might become part of the staff's job to build the web presence in absence of a technology person.

    ReplyDelete